Our sorbet recipe is fuss free, simple and sure to be a summer favourite! In a simple set of steps and a small ingredient list this desert will take you no time to make, and even less time to polish off. Using either fresh or frozen ingredients, this is an easy treat with almost limitless combinations.
Servings: 6 – 8
You will need:
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Blender or food processor
- 600g raspberries (or your preferred fruit
- 300g granulated sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Mint (optional)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 1 -2 hours
- Freeze fruits – Wash and dry raspberries before freezing completely on a parchment covered baking tray.
- Dissolve sugar – In a saucepan dissolve sugar in 280ml of water on low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and raise the heat to a simmer until liquid has become a syrup. Set aside for later.
- Blend fruits – In a blender or fruit processor, carefully pulse fruits adding sugar syrup in stages. Combine with lemon juice and blitz until smooth. Discard of any seeds.
- Enjoy – serve immediately with extra fruits for decoration and a sprig of mint for decoration.
Do I have to use the sugar syrup?
- If you’re not a fan of sweetener you can always substitute it for orange juice (or any kind of fruit juice) or even water.
Do I have to use raspberries?
- Not at all! Although raspberry is our favourite, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries work just as well! You could even take it one step further and exchange the lime juice for other citrus fruits, lemon and orange are great additions.
Don’t get caught in the dark, our planting guides are here to help: