Looking for a healthy alternative snack? Our kale crisps have you covered! This recipe is really quick and really delicious, giving you all the flavours of your favourite crisps without the hassle. Use kale – homegrown or store bought – and just a simple amount of ingredients, to make your new beloved snack.
Servings: 4 – 6
You will need:
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Bunch of kale
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Optional: garlic power
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Prepare oven – Preheat oven to Gas mark 2 or 150C and and line the baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Wash kale – Wash kale and dry thoroughly. Use a salad spinner if you have one.
- Place into a bowl – Tear apart any large leaves into smaller pieces. Drizzle olive oil and massage into the kale.
- Line baking tray – Once lined, spread an even layer of kale across the tray and sprinkle with sea salt. Optional: also sprinkle with garlic powder for added flavour.
- Bake – Bake for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on kale, occasionally flipping any pieces that are starting to brown.
- Allow to cool – Once done, allow to cool in tray to become even crispier. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve!
How can I make my favourite flavours?
- Creating your favourite flavours is easier than ever! After drizzling with oil use seasoning powders such as garlic, cheese and onion powders, as well as spices such as paprika and curry to create your very own flavours.
How do I know this is healthier than crisps?
- Kale helps to boost digestive health. It also contains fibre, antioxidants, calcium, vitamins C and K, iron, and a wide range of other nutrients that are good for the body. This, paired with being baked in the oven compared to fried, makes kale crisps healthier than regular crisps.
Still hungry for more? Check out some of our other recipes: