Our Homemade Mint tea is delightfully refreshing, but also incredibly easy to make! Using fresh mint leaves, you can brew yourself a delightful cup with a range of amazing health benefits. As it is such a simple recipe, there is a wonderful amount of additions that can help elevate your brew to the next level.
Servings: 1 pot
You will need:
- 240ml filtered water (1 pot)
- Freshly picked handful of Mint
- Honey or sweetener of choice
- Lemon slices (optional)
Time: 5 minutes
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh mint leaves – Steep for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on desired strength. Or until the liquid starts to become a slight pale yellow/green hue.
- Gently apply pressure to Mint leaves – release the oils and extract as much liquid as possible.
- Pour into heatproof tea cups or mug – Sweeten with honey or sweetener of choice if desired.
- Garnish – add an optional lemon slice or use for additional flavouring.
- What benefits does mint tea have?
Mint tea has many benefits for the body such as, relieving clogged sinuses, easing digestive upsets, reducing bad breath and strengthening the immune system.
- Can anyone drink mint tea?
Although mint tea has many amazing properties it is still vital to make sure that it will not interfere with any existing medical conditions. For example, if pregnant or on certain medications, it is best to consult with a medical professional before drinking.
Thirsty for more? Try out some of our other recipes: