Paired with a charcuterie platter, some cheese, or even just some flatbreads, you can’t go wrong with a classic hummus dip!
If you’ve always wondered how to make your own hummus, then this red pepper hummus recipe is right up your street! Add home-grown peppers for an authentic Mediterranean touch that your taste buds will thank you for.
Servings: Makes around 6 portions (or 2 if you’re really hungry!)
You will need:
- Baking tray
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Chick peas (400g)
- Red peppers (2)
- Tahini paste (45g)
- Garlic cloves (2 or 3, depending on personal taste!)
- Chilli Powder (1tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Prepare your peppers – To prepare your peppers, cut into strips and put them under a grill for 10-15 minutes until lightly charred.
- Drain your Chick Peas – Drain your chickpeas and pop into your food processor. Once your peppers are ready, add those too and blitz until combined
- Add your liquids – At this point, the mixture will look quite dry. Add a glug of oil and your lemon juice and blitz again. You can keep adding oil if you’re not happy with the consistency (a little will go a long way so be careful how much you add!)
- Spices and herbs – Add your garlic, chilli powder, tahini, salt and pepper to taste. Once fully combined, it’s ready to eat!
How do you store the hummus?
- Keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Goes well with…
- Pair with any vegetable like carrots or cucumber for a refreshing snack, or use within flatbreads and wraps in place of your favourite sauce!