Last Updated on 25/08/2021 by Amber Williams
Both comforting and delicious, you can’t beat the humble peach cobbler! This beautiful dessert can warm you up on the coldest of nights and includes some amazing ingredients that can even be grown at home.
If you’re after a wholesome peach cobbler recipe, then you’ve come to the right place! Follow these simple instructions to create a culinary masterpiece.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
You will need:
- Baking dish
- Food processor or mixer
- 2 cans of peaches or 400g fresh peaches
- 120g caster sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 150g butter (chilled)
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Cream, Ice cream, or Custard for serving
- Prep the base – First things first, pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease up the bottom of your baking dish and lay out the drained/cut up pieces of peach at the bottom so it neatly covers the base. Sprinkle/mix the ginger and a teaspoon or two of sugar on top of the peaches.
- Combine Dry Ingredients – Put your flour, cinnamon, baking powder and sugar into a food processor and mix them together. Then, add the butter and mix that until it looks a bit like breadcrumbs. This is when we add the egg and mix that till it looks like a dough.
- Spread the dough – Spread your dough mixture over the peaches and sprinkle some sugar on top before popping in the oven for 40 minutes (or until the top is golden brown).
- Serve warm – Serve with your favourite topping and enjoy!
How to store
- Store for up to 3-5 days in the fridge in an air-tight container, or up to 1 month in the freezer and defrost when needed.
Want to spice things up?
- If you’re feeling adventurous and would like to add something different to this recipe then let your imagination run free! You could even use different fruits if you’re not a fan of peaches. How about some almonds placed on top of the dough before baking?