Last Updated on 24/02/2021 by Shannen Godwin
We’re back again for our annual community garden competition! Are you a part of a local community garden? Let us donate!
We know that during the recent lockdowns and with the public not being able to socialise as much, community gardening projects have suffered. However, with a new year comes new hope that we can get out and garden together again. So, tell us about your community garden group and share how your garden has benefited your local area and community.
We will be selecting three community gardens and donating a selection of bulbs/plants to their gardens. The prizes will consist of a specially selected range of J.Parker’s plants and bulbs, hand-picked to compliment your community garden’s theme.
How to enter
Simply answer this question (in 250 words or less):
How does your community garden support the local community?
Please send your answers to us via email at: [email protected]. (Remember to please keep your entries under 5mb to ensure we receive them).
What you can win
There will be 3 prizes for our top 3 favourite community gardens, including:
1st Prize – £100 worth of plants & bulbs
2nd Prize – £75 worth of plants & bulbs
3rd Prize – £50 worth of plants & bulbs
- Three winning entries will receive a donation of bulbs or plants from J. Parker’s for use in their community project.
- Entries should be under 250 words. Images can be used so long as your entry email is less than 5mb in size.
- Send your entries by email to [email protected] (please keep your entries under 5mb to ensure we receive them) or entry via social media.
- Entrants agree that, should they be successful, their story and their project may be used in future for coverage on our blog and social channels.
- All entries using photographs or drawings must be original images, taken/produced by the entrant. You must own all rights to the image and in entering the competition you agree to allow us to use your image in further promotions, on our blog, on social media or in print.
- The following criteria will be used to judge entries;
- How the idea will benefit local communities and environments.
- The originality of the idea and anything that sets it apart from other entrants.
- The winners will receive a donation of J. Parker’s products with a value of up to £100 subject to available stock. This will be made up of products of our choosing based on the project described in the entry, cannot be exchanged for cash and there is no substitution for this prize. This donation of products can only be used for the purpose outlined in your entry.
- Competition closes 24th February 2020.
- Winners will be notified by email before the 28th February 2020.
Check out some of our other blogs: